Sunday, June 20, 2010

Rearrange!

I like to rearrange things until they're perfect. And then a few months later, I rearrange them. Again. And again.

Lately I've kept my room pretty much the same way for a while. I might get in a cleaning streak and clean and organize for a day, but I've been pretty happy with where my furniture lay. But then my room started getting really messy. Clothes on the chair, on the bed, a few in the dresser, on the floor, papers everywhere, but I'm sure you've seen a messy room!

That's when I get in a rearranging mood! This last time, I had three siblings, (ages 8, 6, and 2), in my room getting into things while I moved things. Moving a mattress by yourself with a two year old playing hide and seek around it, is HARD!

I moved my bed to a whole 'nother spot, the dresser across the room, stereo on the dresser, chair to a different corner, and my room looks AMAZING! It looks huge! I took a few more minutes to straighten up and organize, and it is so refreshing to walk in my room!

It's amazing how rearranging your room can make so much difference! Not only does it look bigger, but it somehow makes it easier to take the extra time to put things away. It feels great to lay in bed at night with a whole new view of my room and feeling like I'm in a whole new place, only with all familiar stuff around me!

So to sum it all up, I give you a designing tip of rearranging your room. A room. Something that needs to be livened up or needs a new look!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...