Thursday, July 8, 2010

Play Dough Recipe

Do you know someone who would love to play play dough?? Well, I have a good recipe for it! Although I can't boast it as delicious or low in calories, I CAN boast that it feels amazing on your hands!

Play Dough

1 cup of flour
1/2 cup of salt
1 tble of oil
1 cup of water
A few drops of food coloring

Add all the ingredients into a pan. The amount of food coloring should depend on how deep a color you would like the dough.

Now heat the ingredients on the stove at medium heat. Mix. The liquid will start getting lumpy and yucky, but keep mixing. Mix until the mixture is doughy. At this point I sprayed a small part of the counter with cooking spray and dumped the dough on it. Now you knead the dough until it's cooled down. The dough will become really smooth and feel great on your hands! I love new play dough!

And there you go, new, homemade play dough! Have fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

flour, salt, oil, water and food coloring... this stuff is edible!!! :-)

Emily said...

I think the part of this recipe that makes it nonedible would be the 1/2 cup of salt part. But if you want to try it, be my guest. It's not REAL food without cinnamon, though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...