Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Blizzard Hit Us!

I feel like a meteorologist with a team taking pictures of the snow for me to show the world! These pictures are some that a friend took for me of the snow they got! This measuring stick is 4 feet tall so some of these piles of snow are over 4 feet tall!


 And below are a few pictures I took myself of the drifts at our house...





We received a lot of blowing last night. I think more blowing than snow actually! All the snow was pushed against fences and houses into large piles. Some, like the pictures at the very top, at up to 5 feet tall and some as small as 1 foot. Schools are closing for tomorrow already!

Snow is pretty and it's fun to play in occsionally, but it's definitely cold AND frustrating when it starts closing businesses and schools! (You lucky "go to schoolers" got the day off! We homeschoolers ,(at least two homeschool families I know), DIDN'T get the day off! Sad day!) :-)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...