Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My God

Today my Mom placed an old poem in front of me that I once wrote for my grammar class a few years back. I'm not into poems so it isn't the best, but I thought it'd be kinda neat to share.

My God

My God is my refuge
Yest also my lion.
His letter to me is like a conversation.
His words are encouragement and love to me.
His mercy is like a refreshing wind,
Blowing all my sins away.

My God's love to me is like a stream,
A trickling beauty that's always flowing.
His power is overwhelming like a hurricane,
And yet His hands hold gently even a little sparrow.

Nothing surprises my God.
His knowledge is infallible and mighty.
My God's plans are as incredible as a redwood,
And as wise as an owl.

My God is my God!
He is indescribable and amazing.
His beauty fills His creation,
And His love is everlasting.

-Emily

5 comments:

Moriah Simonowich said...

What sweet thoughts! :)

Blessings,
Moriah

www.uniquelyfashionedforhisglory.blogspot.com

Jenna said...

Hi Lindsey,

Are you in AGYG? We would love to go, but are not sure yet mainly because of gas prices...

Thanks for asking!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey!! I have a giveway going on at my blog,www.blessingseveryminuteofmylife.blogspot.com. If you could join, I would LOVE it!!!!

Blessings in Christ,
~Rebecca

The Kautts said...

I just wanted to let you know that I am having several giveaways going on my blog right now until the 15th.

Blessings,
Johanna

www.creativity-starts-here.blogspot.com

Amber said...

That is a beautiful poem Emily - bravo!

Blessings on your day! I have enjoyed finding you through a fellow blogger.

Amber

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...