Saturday, May 15, 2010

Molasses Cookies

Whenever I make these, I always ask myself why I don't make them more often. They're sooo good! I made these Thursday night and now? I think there's one left. But not for long, people. Not for long.

Molasses Cookies

3/4 cup shortening
1 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of molasses
1 egg
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda

Melt Shortening in a small pan over low heat, remove, cool. Add to a small bowl along with the sugar, molasses, and egg. Beat well. (You have to mix it for a long time to mix in all the melted shortening. Keep going. These cookies will be worth it!)

Mix together flour, soda, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Add the first mixture and mix well. Chill until slightly hardened. (But not too long or it will crack when you try to make the balls. I'd say I few hours.)

Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. (I guesstamate about 1/2 cup) Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375* for 8-10 minutes.

Enjoy!



*I got 31 cookies last time I made these and 8 minutes was perfect.*


~LindseyMarie

1 comment:

Rubies Like Ruth said...

Mmm . . . these look great!! I have not tried to make molasses cookies in a long time.

I have a blog for girls and every-other-month, we have "Bake on Wednesdays." This month, I wanted to post links to fall recipes on others' blogs and was wondering if you would let me do so for your cookies. I would also like to post a picture of the finished product so the readers could see what they look like. Would you let me do that? If not, then I will understand.

Thanks!
~Ana Renee
www.rubieslikeruth.blogspot.com

P.S. You can email me at rubieslikeruth{at}gmail{dot}com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...